Become a member of the NVN
The NVN offers a wide range of support for those working with voice and song: from practical benefits including public liability insurance to a professional development network.
The only requirements for membership are that you are either a natural voice practitioner or working towards becoming one, and that your approach to teaching voice and song is in harmony with our Philosophy and Working Principles and our Code of Practice.
Benefits of joining
- Free public liability insurance with cover of up to £10 million (for UK members only).
- Access to the Network’s Annual Gathering every January.
- Access to our Community of Practice and training events.
- An up-to-date website with password access to advertise your own choirs, singing groups, workshops and other events.
- A ‘shop window’ where you can showcase resources to the public, e.g. songs and books for sale.
- Access to the Network’s growing songbank.
- Regular email bulletins with NVN updates, members’ news, local job vacancies, etc.
- A monthly newsletter with CPD opportunities for voice leaders.
- Exclusive access to our Facebook voice leaders’ forum.
- Opportunities for mentoring and for local networking.
- A wealth of resources in the members’ area, including videos, policies and guidance documents, and much more!
There are four rates of membership:
- Standard membership is £55.
- Discounted membership is £35. This is available to anybody who wouldn’t otherwise be able to join.
- Overseas membership is £20.
- Under-35s membership is £10.
From 1st March 2022, all membership fees include an additional levy of £5 to go directly to projects supporting anti-racism work in music. This means that the fee you pay will be £60, £40, £25 or £15. If you are a Black person or a person of colour, you are very welcome to choose not to pay this levy; please select the appropriate membership type for you.
Membership runs for a full year from the date you sign up, and for UK members, public liability insurance cover starts immediately once you have paid, regardless of whether you have received your certificate.